A good number of the restaurants that are set up end up failing within a few years. Some actually fail within months. As a person who is considering setting up a new Italian restaurant, you are likely to be aware of these facts. And you are likely to be keen on knowing what you can do, to ensure that your new Italian restaurant doesn’t become part of those statistics. You are likely to be keen on knowing what you can do, practically, to ensure that your Italian restaurant doesn’t fail. That is the question we will be attempting to answer, today. And without any further ado, if you want to ensure that your Italian restaurant doesn’t fail, you need to:
- Choose a reasonably good location for the restaurant: location matters a great deal. You need to identify your target market for the restaurant. Then you need to ensure that the location you set up your Italian restaurant at is one that allows you to reach your targeted customers easily. Ideally, you should go for a location with lots of human traffic.
- Hire the best people for the restaurant: so we are talking about the best chefs, the best waiters, the best cashiers, the best cleaners, the best security folks… the best everything.
- Take good care of your employees: if you take good care of your employees, they will in turn take good care of your customers, and your restaurant will succeed. You therefore need to ensure that the employees are treated with respect at all times. You also need to ensure that the employees are well paid, and that they are always paid on time. For the benefit of your employees, you can set up a portal similar to the Nordstrom employee portal. The objective here would be that of having a place where your restaurant employees can access their work-related resources with ease. The way Nordstrom’s portal works is such that the employees first go to the Nordstrom employee login page, sign in, and then access their work-related resources. You can have a similar portal for your employees.
- Create good signage for the restaurant: the objective here is to be able to attract customers from the avenue, road or driveway that is next to the restaurant.
- Take good care of your customers: two critical things here. Firstly, ensure that the food you sell to your customers is truly good. And secondly, ensure that the customers are treated with respect at all times.
- Sell your dishes at reasonable prices: even if you are targeting high-end customers, you still need to ensure that your prices are reasonable. Many restaurants fail simply because they are overpriced.